Here’s our take.
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do Work experience
- Proficient in modern database/storage technologies
- Competent in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
- Competent in software engineering tools and best practices
Recruitring: Spelling mistake, huh? Probably coders don't care for it as their variable names sometimes are "cntr" (for counter), "totl" (for total). It's cool, it's cool.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services
- Collaborating with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time
- Working with operations teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable
- Supporting your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24×7 basis
Recruitring: Use some past data of previous instances and tell how much that could mean. Also, does it mean there is no support team? Just makes a star developer wonder what exactly this work is managed.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or BS with equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of related experience
Recruitring: This is not a very impressive job description. Looks like it was built via the generic template - someone changed few words here and there. Not built for a star team member in mind. Please see Airbnb's Job Description. It was quite impressive.